Posted: Monday, June 18, 2012 3:13pm
An innovative, global e-commerce company is searching for a hybrid Visual/Interaction Designer to join their Product team. Our client’s goal is to provide superior digital media to creative professionals worldwide, and to do so with products that are user-friendly, simple, and elegant. This goal drives all of our new hires, new products, new features, and new partnerships.
We are looking for an interaction and visual design hybrid who can create engaging user experience solutions for a suite of online applications. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker able to understand business goals and product requirements, and translate those ideas into creative, innovative, functional, design concepts. Must be able to speak to the issues of visual design and interaction design with equal proficiency.
Will work within an Agile environment with other members of a product team to:
- Create final visual designs, storyboards, interaction flows, and interface guidelines
- Take a user-centered approach in concepting and crafting design solutions that meet both user needs and product strategy requirements
- Work with Product Owners to rapidly prototype and iterate on multiple design solutions
- Review final implementation with Front-end Developers to insure design standards are followed
- Work across teams and communicate effectively with stakeholders on the Product, Marketing, and Development teams
- Provide inspiration and constructive feedback to other Designers
- Motivated Self Starter comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Preferably consumer facing work from either an in-house product design team or agency experience (eCommerce experience a plus).
- Must be familiar and comfortable with the Agile development process and its working principles
- Must be attentive to detail and able to identify gaps and friction points that contribute to a poor user experience (cross-browser issues, cross-platform issues)
- Able to craft creative solutions for a range of personas that directly impact conversion, retention, and user loyalty (localization and translation experience a plus)
- Strong skills in Adobe CS5 (specifically Fireworks, Photoshop, and InDesign); Omnigraffle