Posted: Friday, June 22, 2012 10:17am
AKTA Web Studio is looking for a UX Strategist to join our team of designers, strategists and architects to help with client-facing application design. AKTA works with a mix of start-ups to small and medium-sized businesses on UX design projects (mostly web applications, but if a device has a piece of glass in front of it we may be tempted to design for it). We work the space between product strategy and interaction development. This position has the potential for full-time, part-time, and/or temp-to-hire employment.
We are a young, hard-working, fast-paced team. We strive to be the best at what we do. We are located in downtown Chicago and will require the majority of the work to be performed in our offices.
The UX Strategist will work closely with team members, including designers, developers, information architects, project managers, and strategists to concept and develop solutions that are effective, authentic and innovative.
The following is a broad list of responsibilities our UX Strategist will encounter:
- Working with clients to research and understand their business goals, and creating design solutions which help them meet those goals
- Understanding how to identify and translate user needs into digital products / applications
- Participating in strategic projects with work streams that include Stakeholder Interviews, Competitive Audits (business and UX) and User Research
- Assisting all UX related documentation in a visually impressive format, from User Personas, Site Maps, and Application Workflows/Paths, to mental models and interactive wireframes
- Helping to evolve User Experience for Chicago through education, advocacy, and thought leadership
- Keeping abreast of industry developments and new technologies
- Design and evaluate visual human interfaces utilizing user-centered design principles
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of and interest in contemporary web concepts
- A minimum of two years experience as a user strategist, interactive designer, UX strategist, or in a similar role
- An understanding of how content, design and user interface work together to create an optimal user experience
- Familiarity with front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, and JS a plus
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles
- A passion to push the boundaries of technology
- An ability to be entrepreneurial and think strategically
- Client-facing experience
- Able to scope and complete projects on time and within a set budget
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and to remain graceful under pressure
- Proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team
- Organized, accurate, and attention to detail a must
- Degree in Information Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology or related subject; Master’s degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of business processes, from customer service and acquisition to administrative task flows and financial reporting
- Able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with aggressive design + development schedules
- Sense of humor required!
Culture and attitude is ridiculously important … so rather than a resume with a laundry list of the software you know, we would prefer to learn about you and how you approach design.
Job Perks: fun downtown chicago office … ping pong on demand … young team … lots of out-of-work activities … work with coolest chicago start-ups
Apply: please send as many examples of research, testing, etc. that you have created (not agencies / teams). The more information about you, the better!