Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:01am
- Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices. This includes participation in key of UX phases: ideation, interaction design and visual design.
- Stay up to date on current trends in design and development for web, mobile, desktop and tablet apps.
- Collaborate with interaction designers and user interface developers to create innovative, high quality user interface designs for software programs.
- Collaborate with visual designers and interaction designers to develop extensible rapid user interface prototypes and proofs of concept for software programs.
- Partner with the Software Center of Excellence architecture and engineering teams to implement UI solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions.
- Partner with software engineering teams in GE’s business units to ensure compliance and compatibility with business standards, industry regulations and best practices.
- 3 plus years experience in web development
- Appreciation for and understanding of all phases of human-centered design, user interface design and development, and contemporary user interface design conventions.
- Has a track record of working effectively with interaction and visual design teams to bring innovative, beautiful design concepts to life.
- Is well-versed in all aspects of human-centered design and Agile development processes.
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams and is able to communicate clearly with interaction and visual designers.
- Has outstanding communication skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at or below the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be willing to travel.